Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC) is a public limited company based in Kolkata owned by the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group. It is an electricity board in West Bengal that generates and transmits electricity. Providing services to about 3 million domestic, industrial, and commercial customers. It is managed by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. CESC currently operates four thermal plants in the country and plans to increase capacity to 7000 MW within the next five or six years.
Given the importance of electricity in the current times, CESC strives to keep power outages to a minimum. To make your CESC bill payment online, you can use Airtel Payments Bank, which offers incredible deals and cashback on bill payments. With Airtel Payments Bank, you can pay your electricity bill online, faster and more conveniently. You can avoid long lines and the hassle of cash or cheque payments.
Payment Methods for Electricity Bills via Airtel Payments Bank
You can choose from the following payment methods:
- Debit Card
- Credit card
- Airtel Wallet
- Internet banking
How to access your electricity bill details online?
You can also check your bill details on Airtel Payments Bank. Before making your payment, follow these steps to check your CESC bill online:
- Go to the website
- Navigate to the Airtel Payments Bank page.
- Select the Electricity bill option.
- Enter CESC as your biller and provide your consumer number.
- Fill in your billing unit as well.
- Select ‘Fetch Bill.’
- Your CESC bill details will be displayed on the left side of the screen, and payment offers will be displayed on the right.
How to make your CESC bill payment online?
To view and quickly make your CESC bill payment, follow these steps:
Bill payment via the website:
- Access the Airtel Payments Bank website at https://www.airtel.in/bank/ and select ‘Electricity bill.’
- Choose West Bengal as your UT/state.
- Select CESC as your biller.
- Enter your customer number and billing unit information (BU)
- Pick ‘Fetch Bill.’
- You will now be sent an OTP to your registered phone number.
- Enter your OTP and continue with the payment of your electricity bill.
However, before making the payment, check your bill for any discrepancies in your bill and account details. It is advisable to double-check everything to avoid overpaying.
Bill payment via the app:
- Log in to your Airtel Thanks App and go to the Payments Bank section.
- Select ‘Electricity Bill.’
- Choose your state
- Select CESC as your operator.
- Enter your CA number as it appears on the bill
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete the transaction.
How to download your CESC bill online?
If you want to download a CESC bill for future reference or to keep a record, you can do so easily using the Airtel app or the Airtel website. To get started, follow these steps:
- Access your Airtel account.
- Choose West Bengal as your state of residence.
- Select CESC as your biller.
- To view a CESC bill, select ‘Fetch Bill.’
- On the app, you can also download CESC bills and view your bill history. It only takes a single click.